Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today.

Despite the horrible war and all the innocent lives lost to a cause I don't believe in, 9/11 will always stand out to me as the day the world changed. In the weeks following the attacks, I could not get over how much American citizens reached out to one another, proudly displayed our nation's flag and supported New York City in their time of suffering. The attacks may have been only on the East coast, but the pain reverberated throughout our country.

I'm not the one to hype up the USA in any way or form, especially after how the country responded (war) but this video broke my heart. I feel it's a video that could only be made here. Despite the shit going on in the Middle East, we DO have heroes here at home, heroes that rushed in to those burning towers to save lives and for the most part lost their own. Heroes that didn't even think twice.

For that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments: