Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cupcakes and Tofu Steaks

I love it when I tell people that I've gone vegan. They always, always ask "What are you gonna eat?!?!"

It's called vegetables. Really. One does not have to fill themselves with milk and meat to stay alive. Hell, I'm overweight and I've been vegetarian for 4 years now. I'm a shining example that you can still eat badly while cutting out meat. I do not graze in pastures or gorge on rabbit food. I make a mean butter noodle dish and my tofu-steak rivals your chicken any day. Ask my meat eating husband.

I also love when I make cookies and hand them out to voracious meat eaters at work and they LOVE them. I tell them that they're vegan (afterwards, of course) and their faces change to slightly confused. But I'm malicious like that.

I'm forging into making vegan cupcakes for New Years. I made Crimson Velveteens from Vegan Cupcakes take Over the World last night and they turned out beautifully. When I get home I'm starting on the Peanut Butter cupcakes. As a avid eater of sweets, I know what's tasty and what's weird. These are definitely in the tasty category.

No comments: