Friday, September 3, 2010

Tomato. Tomato.

This summer has been a roller coaster of a summer.

I won't bore you with the personal details, but I thought I would share some tomatoes.

You see, this is the coldest summer in Oregon in 17 years. We've had a couple of hot days, but the majority of time it's been in the 60s or 70s. I don't mind it much, but I guess this wreaks havoc on tomato crops.

We finally got tomatoes in our CSA this week. And they are glorious.


Seriously, who would eat store - bought tomatoes after sinking your teeth into this amazing food? It's flavorful, full of TOMATO (and not water!) and, dare I say, meaty? I like salt on my tomatoes, but you could definitely eat one of these babies like an apple.

Our little bag barely lasted one night.

 
Oh yeah, I did that. You'd better believe that crack dip is vegan.

No comments: