Monday, July 11, 2011

The Sights of Bruges, Antwerp & Oostende

Today's post will be somewhat photo heavy, but that's all anyone wants to see, right?

Our first full day in Bruges we climbed that famous clock tower. You know, the tower featured in the movie In Bruges, the tower one of the main characters takes a leap off of. My friends, that is a serious drop. I don't recommend it.
The view from the top was amazing and totally worth the harrowing circular stairway.
 
 
 
Around Bruges:
 
 
 
 
We also took some side trips to Antwerp (it's really hard for me to NOT write Antwerpen but I don't want to sound like a douche) and Oostende, a city on the North Sea. It felt like we went to a beach in Oregon, the weather was nice but the water was ice cold.
 

 
 
 
I promise to return to heeeeelarious commentary tomorrow when we venture to Germany. We learned many a lesson on riding the rails and I feel it is my duty to share that with the world so that you don't make the same mistakes.

No comments: