Saturday, December 3, 2011

30 Days of Books, 4 Days Late.

I decided to fill out this book meme that's been floating around, seen here. As an English major and granddaughter to rabid book collector, books hold a special place in my heart. I will start with Days 1-4.

Day 01 – The best book you read last year

This might sound ridiculous, but Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love. I carried it with me through Europe and read it on the trains and I just loved her writing style. Sometimes the "pray" bit of it annoyed me, but that's because I am rude.


Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times
Oh jeez, probably Stephen King's The Stand. I get sucked in every. single. time.

Day 03 – Your favourite series
Can I say A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) if I'm not finished with it? I'm not a huge reader of serials. I loved the Wheel of Time when I was younger, but I don't know if that counts as favorite.

Day 04 – Favourite book of your favourite series.
Book two of the series above - A Clash of Kings. I had a tough time getting into the first book but the second one had me obsessed. 

1 comment:

Karla said...

i tooooootally skimmed past the pray part of that book, so you're not the only one to dislike it. however, i didn't like the book in general. i found her person to be so...meh. i don't know. she reminded me of the guy in Million Little Pieces, or whatever that faux memoir was. you can ignore me since i can't even pinpoint where my dislike comes from. :o)