Sunday, January 8, 2012

Food of Late

A sort of mishmash, if you will.

I went to Seattle on Solstice to take part in a Solstice boat party. We took these covered, heated boats on Lake Union to check out the Christmas and city lights (ok, there may have also been booze and boat jumping). Before that, I met a sweet friend for lunch at Elysian Brewery in Capitol Hill.
 
 Their winter beer sampler. YUM.
A veganized veggie BBQ sandwich - the original came with Texas Toast and cheese. This was so good.

Christmas came and went. I was asked to make the Swiss roll cake again. I did. It was as good, if not better, as last year.
 

I also learned you can't throw a seitan roast in a 200 degree oven for twice the time (due to something else cooking). It just doesn't work. Blllllech.
And finally, we bought a fancy decanter and there is a currently a pear infused vodka cookin' in there.

1 comment:

Caity said...

Wow that food looks amazing! It looks like you had a great time!