Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cookbook Challenge Week 2 - Vegan With A Vengeance

Well, another week of the cookbook challenge is down. This week was dedicated to the classic Vegan with A Vengeance, which I will admit to not cooking out of nearly enough. The pancake recipe in that book is seriously the best damn pancake recipe in the freakin' world. On to my foods:

#1 & #2 - Green Thai Curry with Mango Summer Rolls
Yeah, I was lazy and combined two in one night. But I started late in the week and gosh darn it, the recipe recommends serving the two together! After my magical curry experience at Root Table, I wasn't blown away by this. Jeffrey loved it, but my damn bias got in the way of full enjoyment. I put rice in the rolls and I'll bet rice noodles would have been the way to go...but otherwise they were very fresh and complimented the rich curry very well.

#3 - Peach Cobbler
I must confess: the only baked goods I've made with fruit have been muffins and scones. I picked this one to take advantage of the fresh peaches in abundance right now, and brought it to a BBQ. I think the crust could have been a tad bit sweeter (then again, I'm a sugar addict) but the peaches were perfect. It got rave reviews at the BBQ - which is always a good thing!

This week we're delving into Vegan Brunch...making the third book in a row for Isa! Check back in next week for omelet-y goodness!

No comments: