Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cookbook Challenge Week 3 - Vegan Brunch!

So far, this week's challenge has been a favorite of mine. I tackled omelets and crepes and had yummy Hollandaise, something I haven't had since turning vegan. Isa is a goddess.

#1 - Tofu BennysWhen I was still vegetarian, eggs benedict were one of my favorite-ist dishes. I loved the way the sauce saturated everything. This recipe definitely brought back a lot of happy breakfast memories :-)

#2 - Omelet with Roasted Asparagus and Miso-Tahini SauceIn the book, Isa tells us to search out black salt to give this a more eggy taste. Well, I'm lazy and this was still very good! It was almost like a thick, savory crepe. I thought the sauce was amazing, Jeff thought the asparagus was amazing. Definite win!

#3 - Crepe with Lemon Cashew Cream and Berry Sauce
If you couldn't tell, I made these somewhat late at night....so please excuse the awful photo. These were actually pretty easy and oh-so-rich. Probably not the best choice for dinner but then again, I'll eat cake for breakfast. I used blackberries that I picked that morning at my mom's house and I think the sauce will be a definite staple from here on out.

This week we're reviewing Yellow Rose Recipes by Joanna Vaught. I love this book; she makes it so easy to make filling and delicious food that really hits the spot. I'm actually doing 4 recipes this time around, I had such a hard time deciding!

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I still haven't tried the Vegan Brunch crepe recipe - I even bought a crepe pan...I think I'm going to make crepes right now - thanks for the inspiration!

sgcorrie said...

I'm so happy to hear that! They really aren't too bad as long as you're patient.....

The Voracious Vegan said...

Vegan Brunch is the BEST! I've raved about it quite frequently on my blog. I love the omelets the most and you are right, no need for the special salt, they tasted amazing without it.