Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 20

Day 20 - Is education important?

Very! Every time I hear about funding being cut for schools (which is a LOT lately) it saddens me. I understand the government has to balance budgets or whatnot, but it doesn't make it sting any less.

There's an awesome program in Portland called Community Transitional School that provides kids that are homeless or without permanent residence transportation to and from school, along with other services that are needed. I think the program is so incredibly valuable and I try to donate to their cause when I can. I love that they feel that all children have the right to education and will do everything they can to make sure they go to school.

On a little bit of a selfish note, more positive than yesterday's outburst:

I found out today that our apartment in Amsterdam is a block away from Maoz Vegetarian! I'm pretty sure that falafel will be fueling all of our walking adventures. I also found this gem when I looked up the location from street view on google:

Is she naked? Are her clothes flesh colored? So many questions!

No comments: