Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 8

Day 8 - A moment you felt most satisfied with your life.

This might sound so, so cliche, but it's absolutely true. The moment Jeff and I got off the bus from the airport onto O'Connell Street in Dublin.

All my life I had dreamed of going to Europe. But growing up in poverty kind of prevents that kind of awesome stuff from happening. I took French in high school and got insanely jealous at the kids that were able to afford to go on the school trips to France and Italy. Even though I started working full time straight out of high school, I was really bad with money and something was always coming up, preventing me from being serious about going. Nobody in my immediate family has ever been to Europe, and it's sort of doubtful they ever will.

I know it's cheesy. But it felt like I had fulfilled a dream that I thought was unattainable when I finally got to go. And I feel so, so lucky that I get to go back. I will happily live on rice and beans and frozen corn if it means I get to go back.

1 comment:

Saptilladerky said...

This was a good read, Steff. I think it's really cool that you had a dream and a goal and went out and just did it. One day I shall be planning a trip to Europe and you can bet your arse I'm going to be bugging the hell out of you trying to find out as much as I can :D