Sunday, November 7, 2010

Odds 'n Sods



Last night I was feeling a little uninspired. I pulled out the Viva Vegan and made the chimchurri baked tofu. Only I bought cilantro instead of parsley. And didn't have red wine vinegar like I thought, so I used balsamic vinegar. And since I have a tiny ass food processor, I put half of the processed onions into a bowl and promptly dumped them on the floor.

I was pissy.

But thanks to a sweet husband who picked up after me and made me multiple moscow mules (ginger beer, lime juice and vodka for the uninitiated), dinner was fabulous.

And it made a most delicious sandwich for lunch.

That's tahini under the tofu and leftover chimchurri sauce under the greens. It was an interesting combo, but hey, it worked!


He also bought me local chocolate. Hey Portlanders, this stuff is vegan and delicious.
Speaking of chocolate, these silly wrappers have been sitting around my kitchen since May, waiting for a review.
I'll save that for another day.

1 comment:

J said...

Thank goodness for significant others who make cranky ladies their needed drinks.

A few days ago I ordered Viva Vegan and I'm really excited about it.