Monday, October 5, 2009

Cookbook Challenge Clear Winners!


Since I don't really have a post ready, but am still in the middle of the cookbook challenge I thought I would present a list of the dishes I tried that really stood out to me.

Mac Daddy - Veganomicon
The best vegan mac I have ever had. What else do I need to say?

Tofu Benny - Vegan BrunchOne of the dishes I really miss from my vegetarian past is again accessible and insanely delicious.

Tofu Omelet - Vegan Brunch

This was not only really tasty, but a lot of fun to make. The miso tahini sauce goes really well with the omelet. Mmm, I'm salivating just thinking about that sauce.

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Yellow Rose RecipesThis has become a regular in our house since trying for the first time. I seriously do a headdesk every time I think about NOT TRYING IT SOONER.

At the moment, a beautiful squash is roasting in preparation for the big ole squash post I'm gonna do. Squash holds a special place in my heart; from my mom making acorn squash with brown sugar for Christmas to the first true vegetarian recipe I tried (spaghetti squash casserole), so many happy meals revolve around the gourds. Stay tuned!

No comments: