Friday, October 2, 2009

Quizzle....


Vegan Shizzle saved my busy rear with a quiz!

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Honestly, and this is horrible, but whatever is the cheapest. It's usually Trader Joe's. If I can find it cheap I'll get almond milk....I sorta love it.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Gnocchi tomorrow for a dinner party tomorrow, maple bac*n cupcakes for Fakin Fest and mashed sweet potatoes!

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?

Salt. I'm simple.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
My first true vegan recipe, mac and cheeze from Vegan Yum Yum. My advice from this experience? Save the mac and cheeze for when you're acclimated to noochy sauces.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Oh man, pickles.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a notebook that was a wedding present that I usually stuff loose papers into...but some go on the fridge.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash. I'm not disciplined enough for composting.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Sweet potatoes, quinoa and Tofutti Cuties.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My mom's cooking. She was a squash fanatic!

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Trader Joe's chocolate soy

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My blender! I don't know what I did without it.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Pepper.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Veganomicon.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Blackberry!

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Pasta. I just did this for my sister's boyfriend. He was afraid of the weird dish I was going to make and after dinner told my sister she needed to cook like me!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu is more convenient, but I really love seitan.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner!

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Recipes, dry goods containers, half of the blender, a wine bottle holder....

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Leftover curried lentils, piece of (non)vegan wedding cake that will never get eaten, corn.

20. What's on your grocery list?
Potatoes, pine nuts and wine :-)

21. Favorite grocery store?
Fred Meyer.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
My mom's red velvet cake. But I'm not good at veganizing things.....

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?

Bread & Honey. Not a vegan blog, but I love reading it.

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Sigh. Oreos.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
It WILL be liquid smoke.

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Egg replacer. I'd just rather not.

27. Favorite food cart?
It's a tie - DC Vegetarian and Just Thai.

No comments: