Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick & Dirty

Today's post is so unorganized I'm not even doing it at home. I'm at work, waiting for a dumb webinar to start, so here ya go. I thought I would visit some of my favorite foods and then those that I avoid whenever possible, a la High Fidelity.

Top Five Favorite Foods, in order of most favorite to eh, it's tasty.

1) Peanut butter. While I've had peanut butter all of my life, lately it's been in everything of mine. Oatmeal, sandwiches, sauces, on a spoon....seriously, I got up last night and had two slices of bread with peanut butter on them. Not smooshed together, mind you. Just 2 pieces of bread. I have a problem.

2) Pasta. I'm not even really picky on what kind. I scarf that stuff down and then go back for more. Carb overload queen here.

3) Oatmeal. It's hot, it's nourishing and you can make it as sweet or savory as you want. Currently my favorite is Bob's Red Mill Scottish oats, which takes me back to Gma making us cream of wheat before school....current love is dumping applesauce and nutmeg in it.

4) Beer. What?

5) Potatoes. Doesn't matter what they're in, I'll eat them. Kind of goes along with the beer quite well, thank you.


Things of my dislike:

1) Baked beans. OMFG all I remember is being really sick after a batch when I was kid and ever since...*shudders* Seeing a can of Busch's make me nauseous.

2) Pineapple. People tell me I'm a weirdo for not like it, but I don't. I really have no reason why other than I hate the taste. Oh, and I can taste pineapple juice in EVERYTHING, so don't try to feed me a cocktail made with it, I'll throw it in your face.

3) Soup. I'm not sure why, but last year I developed an aversion to everything soup and I can't seem to shake it. I was able to have a vegan potato & leek soup in Dublin, but it was so thick and rich I didn't think of it as soup.

4) Black licorice. Siiiiiick, and I don't even know if it's vegan, so it doesn't really matter. Fennel, while it reminds me of black licorice, doesn't bother me as long as it's cooked.


And that's it. I'm not really picky, despite what my mother in law thinks (who I've had to strain the vegetables OUT of pasta sauce for...) so I'm kind of an easy feed as long as there's no meat, eggs or dairy involved. At the moment, I feel like I'm going to be feeling under the weather soon. Wish me luck.

No comments: