Thursday, October 1, 2009


Today is the first day of Vegan MoFo! I thought I would celebrate the occasion by visiting different vegan baked goods I've made since making the commitment to veganism almost a year ago. This should distill that silly myth that you can't gain weight on a vegan diet. I sure did, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookie
Not only has my baking improved, but so have my photography skills. This cookie was so good to me, it proved that vegan baking wasn't scary or off-tasting. After almost a year, Isa posted her recipe for Peanut Butter Pillows and it wasn't even a question as to which cookie was better. The woman is a mad scientist.

Creme Filled Sandwich Cookies
This was my first attempt at veganizing a recipe and as you can tell, they turned out awful. My lovely husband says he loved them, but I really think he was lying. I mean, look at them.

My birthday cake

Other than the special frosting, this cake was amazing. All the fruit made it healthy :-) But the actual cake recipe was flawed in that it dried out too quickly and once I figured out how to turn Isa's cupcakes into layer cakes....

Jeff's Birthday Cake
I never looked back! The cake was soft and rich and the PB buttercream definitely fit the bill. Unfortunately it was pounced on before I got a picture, so this was the aftermath. High fives all around!

Finally, Mexican Hot Chocolate SnickerdoodlesI've made these a couple times now and they continue to delight. Each time I've given a handful away and the recipients rave over the kick at the end.

Well, now that I've eaten a cookie for breakfast, I think this post is over. What will tomorrow bring?

No comments: